Who is an ACSA Member?
The ACSA is a membership association offering two types of membership: Automatic Member and Associate Member.
A company whose Alberta Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) industry code falls under Construction or Construction Trade Services is considered an Automatic Member of the ACSA. The company pays a levy to the ACSA through their WCB account fees.
Companies without a current WCB Alberta account number, or those companies possessing a WCB Alberta account number but fall outside the Construction / Construction Trade Services industry classification, are eligible to take advantage of ACSA’s member services. We offer an affordable Associate Membership for companies outside our industry codes. We serve over 2,500 associate members, each benefiting from ACSA’s excellence in health and safety training and certification.
If you feel your company is listed under the incorrect industry code or if you are unsure if you are an automatic member of the ACSA, please contact WCB.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Discount pricing on training courses
- Discount pricing for materials
- Opportunity to participate in the Certificate of Recognition program (COR) or the Small Employer Certificate of Recognition program (SECOR) which can help you qualify for potential WCB Rebates
- Exclusive invitations and discounts to ACSA events
- The opportunity to apply to display the ACSA member logo
- Networking opportunities, including the opportunity to join one of our 8 Regional Safety Committees across Alberta
- Participation in ACSA supported campaigns e.g. Steps for Life, Take a Walk Day, NAOSH Week and more
- ACSA communications, such as the Alberta Toolbox magazine, subscription our monthly newsletter ACSA Update, and course information emails
Your membership with the ACSA is automatic and free of charge if your company falls under the appropriate Alberta WCB industry code.
If your company requires an Associate Membership, please submit the Associate Membership Application form (available in the Downloads section of this webpage) to the Edmonton office. One of our friendly Client Services representatives can contact you for payment information.
Associate membership fees are structured according to the number of employees working at your company:
- 1 – 10 employees: $500.00 + tax
- 11+ employees: $750.00 + tax
Associate memberships are renewed every 12 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information. If you require further assistance please contact our Client Services department.