Starting January 1, 2023, the following requirements come into effect for Certificate of Recognition (COR)™ and Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR)™ audits. SECOR is for companies with 10 or fewer employees.
Both COR and SECOR demonstrate an employer’s proactive efforts to make their workplaces safer for their employees, and qualify them for WCB-Alberta premium refunds of up to 20%.
Audit data gathering:
- On-site data gathering is no longer restricted.
- Documentation may be reviewed on-site and/or remotely.
- Interviews may be conducted on-site and/or remotely.
- Observations must be conducted as specified by the COR audit instrument. Your ACSA, together with the audited company, may allow auditors to explore using remote technology for observations.
Important updates to the 2023 SECOR standards and evaluation document:
Effective January 1, 2023, all SECOR companies must use the new 2023 SECOR Evaluation and meet the new standards outlined in the tool.
Learn more about the changes and view the new 2023 SECOR Evaluation at the SECOR Process page.
Your ACSA is here to help. For COR and SECOR questions, contact us at COR@yourACSA.ca or 1-800-661-ACSA.
- COR and SECOR Overview
- COR Process
- COR Audit Instrument
- COR Action Plan: Proposals now being accepted
- SECOR Process