Membership Frequently Asked Questions

Q: My company is considered a member, how do I register with the Alberta Construction Safety Association?
A: Please fill out the membership application form and email the Client Services department for processing. All requests are handled within 1-2 business days.

Q: How long does it take to process my payment?
A: All applications will be processed within 1-2 business days

Q: How can I pay for an associate membership?
A: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, cash, debit, business cheque or money order

Q: Can I get a refund for the associate membership?
A: Yes, as long as the membership wasn’t used, for example, to purchase courses or materials.

Q: Who do I contact to request a refund?
A: Please email with the following information:

  • Legal name of the company
  • WCB account number
  • Contact name/number
  • Reason for the refund

Q: How long will it take to process my refund?
A: Refunds will be processed within 5-10 business days

Q: What happens when my associate membership lapses?
A: Your company status will change from Associate Member to Non-member

Q: Will you send me a reminder letter prior to my associate membership expiring?
A: If your company is enrolled in the COR / SECOR program you will receive a reminder letter stating your audit is due. This letter will remind you to ensure the requisite training courses and your associate membership are current.

Q: How can I find out if my company is a member with the ACSA?
A: Please check your industry code associated with your WCB account number. If it falls within the Construction/Construction Trade Sector your company is considered a member.

Q: I checked the link for Construction/Construction Trade Sector, however, I am still unsure where I fit.
A: Please contact the client services department at 1-800-661-ACSA with your WCB account number and a customer service agent will be able to assist you.

Q: I have been asked to show proof of membership, who do I contact to retrieve this documentation?
A: Please email and include the following information:

  • Legal name of the company
  • WCB account number
  • Contact name/number

Q: What happens to our membership if the company changes its name or industry code?
A: If your company is enrolled in the COR / SECOR program please contact the COR department (1-800-661-ACSA) to determine whether name change documentation is required.

Q: Can a company obtain COR or SECOR from the ACSA without being a member or an associate member?
A: No. One of the requirements of the COR / SECOR program is being a member or associate member within the ACSA.

Q: My company has two industry codes, one is a member with the ACSA and the other is not. Where do I stand?
A: Provided that the membered industry code remains active it precedes all other industry codes.

Q: My WCB account is currently closed, but I have an industry code that falls under the Construction/Construction Trade Services sector. Will I still receive Member rates?
A: No. The WCB account and Industry code must be active in order to receive member rates.

Q: I have two companies with separate WCB accounts, both are considered non-members with your organization. I would like to obtain COR / SECOR for both. Am I required to purchase an associate membership for each company?
A: Yes. Membership is attached to the WCB account. If you have multiple account numbers and are enrolled in the  COR / SECOR program you will need membership for each account.