COR Action Plan
2023 COR Action Plan Proposals are now being accepted.
ACSA’s Certification of Recognition (COR) Action Plan offers companies an alternative way to maintain their COR.
Action Plans allow COR-holding companies a way to make their health and safety programs better by implementing suggestions for improvements from their previous audits and safety objectives that may be outside of their normal audit scopes.
An Action Plan is comprised of three sections: objectives, milestones, and deliverables.
Video: Learn about the complete COR Action Plan process.
COR Action Plan Process
Step 1: Determine if your company is eligible to participate in the COR Action Plan maintenance option
Answer the questions below:
- Are you currently holding a regular COR certificate in good standing?
- Do you meet the COR training requirements, including having a certified auditor on staff?
- Have you completed at least one full audit cycle (Year 5 in the graphic above)?
- Did you receive a minimum score of
85%80% on your last certification audit?
- If this is your second-year action plan proposal, did you receive a score of 80% or higher in your first year?
- Can you develop at least one health and safety objective based on the recommendations from your previous external audit?
If you answered yes to all these questions, you are eligible to do an Action Plan! Continue to Step 2.
If you answered no to any of the above questions, stop here. Your company is not eligible to do an Action Plan and you are required to complete the COR internal maintenance audit.
Step 2: Read the ACSA COR Action Plan instructions document
Get detailed instructions on how to complete your Action Plan here.
Step 3: Send ACSA your COR Action Plan proposal
Once you have determined that your company is interested in and eligible to participate in the COR Action Plan maintenance option, complete the COR Action Plan proposal form and send it to the ACSA for review and approval.
Send your Action Plan proposal to the ACSA COR Department at COR@youracsa.ca by June 16, 2023.
Step 4: Implement your COR Action Plan
After the ACSA approves your COR Action Plan proposal, your company can start to implement the Action Plan.
Step 5: Submit your completed COR Action Plan to the ACSA
Complete the deliverables and self-scoring sections in your COR Action Plan, and submit the final version to the ACSA for review and scoring.
Send your completed Action Plan to the ACSA COR Department at COR@youracsa.ca by November 15, 2023.
Note: the completed Action Plan must score a minimum of 60% to maintain the company’s COR and the auditor’s certification. If the Action Plan scores less than 60%, your company must then conduct an internal COR maintenance audit before December 31, 2023.
- Applications for 2023 COR Maintenance Action Plans are now open
- All applications must be submitted by Friday, June 16, 2023
- Final submissions must be submitted by Thursday, November 15, 2023
For further information on COR Action Plans or to discuss your eligibility, please contact ACSA’s COR Department.
COR@youracsa.ca | Tel: 780.453.3311 | Toll Free: 1.800.661.ACSA