COR & SECOR Action Plans
NOW AVAILABLE FOR SECOR MEMBERS!!!!
2024 COR & SECOR Action Plan Proposals are now being accepted.
ACSA’s Action Plan offers companies an alternative way to maintain their COR or SECOR.
Action Plans allow COR and SECOR members a way to make their health and safety programs better by implementing suggestions for improvements from their previous audits and safety objectives that may be outside of their normal audit scopes.
An Action Plan is comprised of three sections: objectives, milestones, and deliverables.
Video: Learn about the complete COR Action Plan process.
COR & SECOR Action Plan Process
Step 1: Determine if your company is eligible to participate in the Action Plan maintenance option
Answer the questions below:
- Are you currently holding a COR or SECOR certificate in good standing?
- Do you meet the COR or SECOR training requirements?
- Have you completed at least one full audit cycle (Year 5 in the graphic above)?
- If this is your second-year action plan proposal, did you receive a score of 80% or higher in your first year?
- Can you develop at least one health and safety objective based on the recommendations from your previous certification audit?
- SECOR only: Was your certification audit based on the 2023 ACSA SECOR Evaluation?
- SECOR only: Requirement under the Alberta OHS Act, have a health and safety representative?
If you answered yes to all these questions, you are eligible to do an Action Plan! Continue to Step 2.
If you answered no to any of the above questions, stop here. Your company is not eligible to do an Action Plan and you are required to complete the COR or SECOR maintenance audit.
Step 2: Review the ACSA Action Plan instructions document
Step 3: Send the ACSA your Action Plan proposal
Once you have determined that your company is interested in and eligible to participate in the COR Action Plan maintenance option, complete the Action Plan proposal form and send it to the ACSA for review and approval.
Send your Action Plan proposal to the ACSA COR Department at COR@youracsa.ca
Step 4: Implement your COR Action Plan
After the ACSA approves your Action Plan proposal, you can start to implement the Action Plan.
Step 5: Submit your completed Action Plan to the ACSA
Complete the deliverables and self-scoring sections in your Action Plan. Submit the final version to the ACSA for review and scoring.
Send your completed Action Plan to the ACSA COR Department at COR@youracsa.ca
Note: the completed Action Plan must score a minimum of 60% to maintain the company’s COR or SECOR and the COR auditor’s certification. If the Action Plan scores less than 60%, your company must then conduct an internal COR or SECOR maintenance audit before December 31.
- Applications for 2024 Action Plans are now open
- All applications must be submitted by Friday, May 31, 2024
- Final submissions must be submitted by Friday, November 15, 2024
For further information on COR Action Plans or to discuss your eligibility, please contact ACSA’s COR Department.
COR@youracsa.ca | Tel: 780.453.3311 | Toll Free: 1.800.661.ACSA