On August 15, the Government of Alberta announced that it is undertaking a review of the province’s OHS system, the first such review in 41 years.
The review will look at the legislation, as well as compliance, enforcement, education, awareness, and prevention efforts. Topics include:
- clarifying employer and worker responsibilities in legislation
- improving worker engagement in OHS
- renewed focus on illness and injury prevention
You can participate in the review process in two ways:
- Complete the online survey which will be open until October 16
- Send a written submission using the published discussion paper as a point of reference
Stakeholder groups will be invited to participate in discussion sessions in September.
Visit the government’s webpage for more details and to access its online survey. This is your opportunity to help guide government policy as it works to make Alberta’s construction workplaces even safer.