Website Alberta Pacific Forest Industries
Supplementing the Al-Pac Health & Safety team, the Construction Safety Consultant will be embedded with and work along side the construction project team. This consultant will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of construction site safety including compliance with mill site policies/procedures and relevant OH&S legislation.
Alberta Pacific Forest Industries is currently in the process of completing a life extension project for its existing single-cycle natural gas turbine. This project includes not is not limited to erection of a 37m stack, associated ducting, and structure modifications to the existing turbine building.
This project will be starting in mid-October with guaranteed work until the end of November. 10/4 shift.
- Work with project managers, contractors, and mill Health & Safety team on daily basis to coordinate, pre-job hazard assessments, site visits/inspections, incident reports and other daily H&S matters.
- Conduct safety activities, worksite inspections and safety observations. Assist with coaching where necessary.
- Preparation of pre-job meetings.
- Lead or assist in incident investigations.
- Review contractor documentation (including lift plans) to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Supervise high risk activities to minimize risk and ensure worker safety.
- Ensure contractors informed of and conform to to site safety requirements.
- Work with management, supervisors, and employees to communicate and implement a construction safety program.
- Ensure standard program documentation is conducted including hazard/risk assessments, inspections, and job safety analysis.
- Facilitation of new-employee and sub-contractor health and safety orientations.
- Preparation of weekly activity reports for Health & Safety team.
- 3 years in a similar role in the construction/forestry industry.
- Experience with critical crane lifts is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (365) – Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- Strong communicator with good relationship management tendencies.
- License/Certification: NCSO
- Drivers License
- First Aid/CPR
- Candidate will be sub-contracted as a consultant of Alberta Pacific Forest Industries.
- Successful candidate will be required to pre-qualify with Complyworks.