Website Altrad Services Ltd.
WHO WE ARE
Altrad is a world leader in providing industrial services, generating high-added-value solutions principally for the Oil & Gas, Energy, Power Generation, Process, Environment and Construction sectors. The Group is also a recognized leader in manufacturing equipment dedicated to the Construction and Building market. Altrad’s multidisciplinary services range from engineering and technical services to maintenance, access solutions and specialized services for industry leaders. Headquarted in France, the Group employs around 40,000 people.
For a new project at the LNG Canada site starting August 2022, running for 24 months.
LOCATION / REGION: Kitimat BC
SCHEDULE: 14 days on, 7 days off. 10 hours/day
REPORTS TO: HSSE Manager
· Commitment towards a safe working environment and positive safety culture
· Responsible for delivering and maintaining high standards of work while carrying out duties
· Administer specific functions of the Health, safety, Security & Environmental on site
· Accept assignments within the HSSE department and perform specific duties as may be required
· Attend toolbox meetings on designated sites – coach/mentor craft on site
· Manage the administrative component of the HSSE department on site which includes; generating regular HSSE reports, generating and regularly updating data, creating PowerPoint presentations, Safety meeting reports, Daily Toolbox/Tailgate reports, etc.
· Conduct routine safety inspections, monitoring and analysis of work areas
· Complete site audits, inspection and regular reports as required
· Undertake training with site teams for AMS/ AIR / SDS as required
· Prepare and maintain reports and documentation concerning the aspects of the safety program assigned
· Maintain knowledge of safety policies and procedures to enable the performance of assigned duties in a safe manner
· Ensure the safety of any personnel and ensure their compliance with established safety policies, procedures and practices
· Analyze safety problems and recommend solutions to the appropriate manager
· Create and administer safety programs to all employees
· Directly involved and submit reporting in all incident/accident investigations on site – 5 Whys
· Monitor relevant activities on site AIR portal – incident, actions, activities, and training management
· Survey, evaluate, investigate, and gather information that will address inadequacies concerning safety, health, and environmental matters (Leading/Lagging Indicators)
· Research and assist in the development of health & safety policies relating to site
· Demonstrate a willingness and capability to perform other duties as deemed appropriate and consistent with your professional qualifications, skills, or experience
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
· Health & Safety Administrator (HSA) and/or NCSO National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) from the Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA) or a recognized Canadian institution
· Preferably Certificate/Diploma in OH&S from a recognized Canadian Institution
· Degree in any discipline and/or practical office/field experience related area is essential
· Strong computer, organization and administrative skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
· Experience in an HSSE role with organizational-wide responsibilities and/or a willingness to learn
· Sound knowledge of HSSE legislation, industry, and best-practice standards
· Experience in Environmental and Industrial Hygiene Monitoring is a definite asset
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and interaction skills
· Highly organized, able to effectively multitask with meticulous attention to detail
· Experience and ability to collaborate within a multi-cultural workforce
· Relevant experience/qualifications in Root Cause, Tap Root is a definite asset
· Ability to take clear direction, perform within certain timelines and work autonomously
Qualified applicants can send their resumes to Holley Wournell, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank in advance everyone who has applied but only qualified applicants will be contacted.