Website Whissell Contracting
At Whissell, our success is because of our people! Together we combine 5 decades of experience and commitment to improving the communities we live and work in by providing exceptional delivery of underground infrastructure services, urban development, river crossings, riverbank protection, and rehabilitation services and projects.
Working closely with the estimating and business development teams, you will have responsibility for the creation and management of proposal and submission documents for tenders, Request for Proposals (RFP), and Contractor Prequalification. A detailed-oriented, investigative mind with the ability to comprehend technical language as well as the nuances of the industry is necessary for this role.
Whissell is looking for individuals that want to be part of an industry leader whose goals are to keep ahead of the curve on technology and innovative solutions. If you are committed to growing Whissell services, divisions, and innovating renewable energy solutions to the industry, Apply today! We look forward to you joining our Team.
What will you do?
- Lead the technical writing of all RFP, RFQ, and prequalification
- Coordinate and manage Whissell branded submission documents
- Meeting with and interviewing key stakeholders regarding content for the proposals
- Writing technical content for the proposals and branded collateral
- Proofreading / sub-editing and re-writing content
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations and other documents
- Keeping up to date on the library of submissions
- Producing and updating corporate resumes, project profiles, and archives
Your Credentials & Experience
- 5 years previous experience as a technical writer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, marketing, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in construction, and expertise within civil construction preferred.
- Experience submitting bids and writing proposals within the construction sector.
- Ability to juggle workload and deliver multiple projects within demanding timeframes.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Basic understanding of blueprints.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, and leadership skills.
- High attention to detail, assertive, and able to work in a face paced work environment.
What will you get?
- Career growth and development
- Meaningful experience on major infrastructure and renewables projects
- Competitive compensation
- Employer paid benefits programs
- RRSP matching
- A rewarding and challenging work environment
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime may be required during peak months.
To apply, please submit your resume and driver’s abstract letter to email@example.com TO APPLY!
At Whissell we value diversity of expertise, talent and opinion creating an innovative and collaborative environment. We are committed to a respectful and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all qualified individuals.