Website Whissell Contracting
Whissell Contracting Ltd has established a solid reputation for providing construction solutions in Alberta and British Columbia. We are built on strong core values and take pride in our Team, our dedication to Safety, and excellence in the work we do. For over 5 decades, Whissell’ s expertise has focused on deep Underground Utility infrastructure and Earthwork construction services.
Whissell is looking for individuals that want to be part of an industry leader whose goals are to keep ahead of the curve on technology and innovative solutions. If you are committed to growing Whissell services, divisions, and innovating renewable energy solutions to the industry, Apply today! We look forward to you joining our Team.
Whissell is currently looking for pipelayers with underground utilities construction experience to join our Lethbridge team. The successful candidate will display high attention to detail as they assist the Operations Team with various aspects of construction projects. Reporting to the Superintendent , the Pipelayer will support Whissell’s vision, mission, S.P.I.R.I.T of values, and three daily pillars of Safety, Quality, and Efficiency.
- Train, mentor, and motivate junior crew members
- Carry out site foreman’s directives safely throughout daily operations
- Install various sizes and materials of the pipe
- Work safely in deep trenches
- Ability to safely work around excavation equipment including excavators, loaders, packers, etc.
- Cut pipes to required lengths
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers
- Dig trenches to desired or required depths by hand or using trenching tools
- Mentor and coach junior employees
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Ensure compliance with Alberta OH&S guidelines and Whissell safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum of 3-5 years working as a Pipelayer in the Deep Underground
- Utility Installation industry
- Thorough knowledge of pipe lasers and transit use (leveled, grade, proper working order)
- Ability to read blueprint and city specifications is required
- Ability to read and understand Locates is required
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have high attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer You:
- Industry Leading wage depending on experience
- Excellent Health and Dental benefit plan
- Amazing Professional and Career development opportunities
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Wonderful team, Whissell is Family owned and operated, you are not just a number, you are family
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime may be required during peak months.
To apply, please submit your resume and driver’s abstract letter to email@example.com
At Whissell we value diversity of expertise, talent, and opinion creating an innovative and collaborative environment. We are committed to a respectful and inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
No agencies please.