Bill 30: An Act to Protect the Health & Well-being of Working Albertans
After public consultation and engagement, the Government of Alberta’s Act to Protect the Health & Well-being of Working Albertans took effect on June 1, 2018. The bill passed second reading in the Alberta Legislature on Monday, December 11 and received Royal Assent on Friday, December 15, 2017.
The Government of Alberta has made available a considerable amount of information to help you understand the changes and what they mean for you. Here is a list of available resources available at the Government of Alberta website:
- Highlights of the OHS changes
- Joint work site health and safety committees (JWHSC)
- JWHSC and HSE representatives
- Health & safety representatives
- Worker participation
We will be keeping our stakeholders informed through our social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, this website, and via our monthly newsletter to which you can subscribe here.
Follow your ACSA on your preferred social media platform and receive the latest updates as they happen.
WCB – Alberta Changes
Included in the new act were enhancements to the WCB system. These changes are being implemented in stages throughout 2018.
WCB is providing updates to ensure you stay informed with the latest information. Visit WCB’s 2018 Updates webpage to:
- subscribe to their e-mail newsletter
- sign up for policy notifications
- access seminars on WCB system changes
- learn about changes that are yet to be implemented and their timelines
If you wish to speak with someone, you will find contact details for WCB at this webpage .
Revised: June 29, 2018